Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cinema amplifier

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Cinema amplifier

    All or most cinema's with Altec VOTT's are bi amped. And to find a low power amp these days is not a small affair. THe QSC RMX 850 or 1450 seems to do the job real good with the 515 G
    and the 288 DRIVERS.

    QSC - RMX Series Amplifiers


    As for contractors and architects they should pay more attention to the dimensions of the A-4 and A-5 behind the screen. These speakers don't need to be soffit mount.

    ...........................................

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema amplifier

    Quote Originally Posted by LICORNE View Post
    All or most cinema's with Altec VOTT's...
    I just have to ask, in this year of 2009, how many would that be?
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema amplifier

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    I just have to ask, in this year of 2009, how many would that be?

    I don't know but in small towns you would be surprised.The Fairfax near Edmonton has 3 A-4
    with Altec surrounds. The Motion Picture Academy in Washington DC has 5 Altec A-6 behind the screen.They should put a sign outside saying VOTT sound.

    .................

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cinema amplifier

    Small towns are about all I can relate to. In this part of the country, all the old cinemas in small towns closed up back in the '80s when the movie rental stores came to town. Probably safe to say that none of the cinemas built in the last 20 years installed VOTTs. If pressed to estimate, I'd guess there's less than 100 operating VOTT-equipped cinemas left in the world.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.